Applications are now open for the 2018 Tall Ships Australia and New Zealand Voyage Bursary!
The Bursary has been established to support the tall ship and sail training industry in Australia and New Zealand, and to provide opportunities for a diverse range of youth to benefit from the life-changing experience that is sail training. Funding for the bursary is derived primarily from proceeds of sales of Tall Ship Passports, as well as individual donations.
Six bursaries of up to $500 are available to:
- Young people aged between 15 and 25 years, for the purpose of joining a development voyage aboard an Australian or New Zealand Tall Ship, and
- Tall Ship crew seeking to undertake professional development via a recognised course or cross decking opportunity.
Applications are open to Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and are considered on merit.
Applications should be in the form of a letter addressing the following criteria:
Youth Development Voyages
- Motivation: Reason for applying for the voyage, and the bursary
- Expectations: What benefits do you hope to gain from the experience?
- Voyage provider (Tall Ship Operator)
- Cost of berth, or bursary amount sought
- Evidence of financial hardship (if relevant)
- Current role and employer / organisation for which you volunteer
- Length and frequency of relevant experience
- Motivation: Intended area of development
- Course or cross-decking provider, cost and learning outcomes
- Personal Statement – what do you hope to gain from the experience?
Supporting evidence is required, and Terms and Conditions apply. For full details please download the 2018 Tall Ships Australia and New Zealand Voyage Bursary Information.
Applications close 31 October 2018.