Young people are at the heart of Tall Ships Australia and New Zealand’s purpose and activities.
We encourage young Australians and New Zealanders to join a tall ship for an adventure under sail, and to continue their involvement in the tall ships community by sharing their experience with family and friends, volunteering on deck or during maintenance, training as voyage crew, or becoming a member or youth representative.
Our youth representatives
- provide a youth voice in decision making within the sail training community
- inspire, support and promote the involvement of young people in all aspects of sail training
- provide opportunities for development of the next generation of sail training leaders
- support sail training communities in enabling young people to become active contributors
- promote individual growth through international representation and multicultural understanding
- support and assist Tall Ships Australia to achieve its goals
To find out more about youth development opportunities visit our Tall Ships page.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY