Tall Ships Australia and New Zealand (TANZ) is calling for applications for two volunteers to jointly fill the Youth Representative role on the Tall Ships Australia and New Zealand Management Committee, for a term of two years.
If you have participated in a youth development voyage or program on a Australian or New Zealand Tall Ship* and are keen to provide a youth perspective to the industry association and help promote the experience to other youth, apply by 15 September 2023.
National Youth Representatives also form a Sail Training International Youth Council, with opportunities to engage and promote tall ships and sail training to youth around the world.
Role and responsibilities:
- Generate new and ongoing youth interest and involvement in sail training activities and the wider sail training community.
- Represent Australia and New Zealand on the Sail Training International Youth Council.
- Advise the Tall Ships Australia and New Zealand about issues concerning to youth in sail training in Australia and New Zealand.
- Support the promotion and marketing of Tall Ships Australia and New Zealand through social media posts and newsletter updates.
- Age: 18-27
- Australian or New Zealand citizen
- Volunteer or member with a TANZ Operator*
- Has undertaken a voyage on a, Australian or New Zealand Tall Ship*
- Active involvement in sail training
- Sail Training International Tall Ships Race Crew
The Youth Representatives are expected to be available for the following meetings, in addition to contributing to working groups, projects and events asagreed during the term of appointment.
- Annual General Meeting (Sydney/conference call)
- Biannual Operator Conference (various locations/conference call)
- TANZ Committee meetings via conference call (four per year)
- STI Youth Council Meetings via conference call
(approx. six per year).
- Support in organising the STI Youth Conference via zoom, or in person.
In addition, the Youth Representatives may be asked to represent TANZ at events, conferences and meetings with stakeholders as agreed during theterm of appointment.
Eligible applicants should forward a résumé and covering letter outlining:
- Relevant experience in a similar role and/or within the sail training community.
- Your motivations for applying for this position.
- The contribution you could make to further sail training in Australia and New Zealand.
- Your contact details and availability for interview in Sydney or via conference call.
Applications must be received by 15 September 2023 to
Tall Ships Australia and New Zealand
Shortlisted applicants will be notified to arrange an interview.
*List of Member operators